Love and eggs are best when they are fresh.
I thought this would be a very simple recipe to make for my host family. I asked one of my pen pals if this would be good, and she said it would be perfect; however, she also told me that my host family might still want to have rice and miso soup to go along with it XD. The recipe can be found at the Taste of Home website.
Total Time: Prep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes: 12 servings
· ½ pound bulk pork sausage
· 12 eggs
· ½ cup chopped onion
· ¼ cup chopped green pepper
· ½ teaspoon salt
· ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
· ¼ teaspoon pepper
· ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add onion, green pepper, salt, garlic powder and pepper. Stir in sausage and cheese.
- Spoon by 1/3 cupfuls into muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Bake 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
Freeze option: Cool baked egg muffins. Cover and place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets and freeze until firm. Transfer to resealable plastic freezer bags; return to freezer. To use, place in greased muffin pan, cover loosely with foil and reheat in a preheated 350° oven until heated through. Or, microwave each muffin on high 30-60 seconds or until heated through. Yield: 1 dozen.
Hood, David. “No Bake Oreo Cheesecake.” Cook N’ Share. 9 May 2014. Web. 1 July 2015. <http://cooknshare.com/recipe/bake-oreo-cheesecake/>.
Originally published as Scrambled Egg Muffins in Quick Cooking January/February 1999, p12